when REAL tragedy struck (Friday, May 16, 2008 / 1:51 PM)
In case most of you are like me: too busy to even watch the news. Or even care about the world. I am so pissed off with myself for not searching more about the recent tragedy in Myanmar and China and not knowing what is going on... I am so pissed with myself by just blindly sign up for the volunteer work and not knowing what the HELL IS GOING ON... What a ruthless human being am I? I think I should just shut up and start to blog about what is going on.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I took the time [
at work] to research about the Cyclone Nargis that hit Myanmar on May 2nd 08. And of course not to forget the earthquake in China. My main concern is about Myanmar, at least China is willing to seek help. What's up with the Myanmar government? Oh I know!!! They are the militants. Heartless ones, of course.
Let's discuss about Cyclone Nargis. I am just stating whatever I read on the Internet. So, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG! So here goes:
Cyclone Nargis [as known as Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Nargis]. Nargis is a severe tropical storm, known as a cyclone, among the most powerful and destructive weather systems.
A tropical cyclone is the generic term for a low pressure system over tropical or sub-tropical waters. Globally, 80 to 100 develop over tropical oceans each year, fueled by the heat released when moist air rises and water vapour in it condenses.
Many of these make landfall and can cause considerable damage to property and loss of life, due to extremely strong winds, tornadoes, torrential rain, high waves, and storm surges. The heavy rains and storm surges can produce extensive flooding.
The term cyclone means that its circulation is counterclockwise in the northern hemisphere. Depending on their location and strength, there are various terms by which tropical cyclones are known, such as hurricane, typhoon, tropical storm, cyclonic storm and tropical depression.
a satellite view on 2 may 08 over Myanmar.So I have read a few articles on regards to the Myanmar's militants that does NOT want any aid help and will punish to whoever secretly bring aid help.
[Orang melayu kata, BODOH SOMBONG!] So anyways, I read an article that Myanmar was already been warned on regards to the massive destruction. Link as below. Click it to read about the warning from Bangladesh.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080502/tap-bangladesh-myanmar-weather-cyclone-w-2a5be5e_1.htmlOne funny thing about the Myanmar's junta is that they said they will be holding a referendum on May 10 to set the stage for multi-party elections in 2010. But but but... They outlawed any speeches and leaflets about the referendum. And I bet they knew about the storm and had been keeping quiet about it so that they could rule again and postponed the referendum. Talking about fairness now, IT WON'T HAPPEN! UN is basically been telling and asking the Myanmar government to cooperate fully. But seems that the government wouldn't want to cooperate and still argue about whether they needed help from the neighbouring countries now.
On May 5 [
after the storm], Myanmar's junta will go ahead with the referendum on a new constitution despite a massive storm which killed hundreds of people and left tens of thousands homeless. Till now,
NO NEWS ON REGARDS OF THE REFERENDUM!On May 6, there are already reports of hundreds and thousands without home in Myanmar and the dead toll is raising. On May 8, ASEAN chief told Myanmar's military junta must allow international aid into the cyclone-hit country "before it's too late,"!
What taking them so long to decide to let the ones who wanted to help. And said that they have it under control? and have enough supplies to all the survivors.
WELL HELLO... extra supplies won't die right? Kenape sombong sangat ni?? Till today Myanmar's military junta is NOT opening any doors for any help! Despite knowing that many people is still missing and the survivors need medical and supports!
They are humans, they need HELP.
I managed to search for a fast facts for everyone.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/myanmarcycloneand
Myanmar junta warns against hoarding cyclone aid
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080515/ap_on_re_as/myanmar;_ylt=AresX7.J2KLmzh_ZfxcJEC8Bxg8FRemember: dead toll can still be rise, many people is still missing. I hope the military junta will allow international aid in the cyclone-hit areas.
More twist info: On May 15, Myanmar astrologers see more tragedy in 2008.
"This is the year with the combination of three bad factors -- the dangerous planet Mars, the dark planet Kotu, and the watery side," she said, drawing a diagram of the stars while thumbing through an astrology book." "There will be another wave of natural disasters -- either powerful storms or devastating earthquakes. -- in the region again before the end of this year," Khin Myint Myat said.
Another astrologers said "Disasters like this can happen when numbers in the year add up to 10," he said, adding that after 2008, the next dangerous year is 2017".
For more info:
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080515/tap-myanmar-weather-cyclone-astrology-2a5be5e_1.htmlVictims of Cyclone Nargis: May god bless them.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earthquake in China was yet another disaster right after the Cyclone Nargis. The Quake
death toll could reach 50,000. Many children now become an orphanage. They could be as young as a 8 month old baby.
Just read an article about why schools in China collapsed during the earthquake.
Note that: Close to 7,000 schools were destroyed in southwestern Sichuan province by Monday's 7.9-magnitude earthquake, which struck in the afternoon when many students were in class or taking their daily naps. I can't imagine if it happen to myself as a student.
More report regarding this:
It's definitely nice to know that rescuers pulling a semi-conscious 11-year-old girl out of the rubble of her primary school.
BUT BUT BUT But well over half of the 500 students at her school are believed to have died in the disaster. And what cause the collapsed? Quality problem!
Imagine Chinese student was only rescued after 80 hours = 3 days.
How traumatised can this student be?
Victims of the Quake: May god bless them all...
This is one super long entry I made so far...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note that I do take donations [NOT MONETARY TERMS] I take in clothes and other USEFUL items for the victims of the recent tragic disaster. Kindly email me at
If you too would like to help, go to these websites to find out more...
Till then, we shall all pray for the survivors. May god bless them all.
Ain