PRIVATE - 120608 (Wednesday, June 11, 2008 / 12:12 AM)
Today is the 12 of June 2008. I have promise and have already e-mailed each and everyone of you readers to my blog. Yeah, I understand reading my blog might be funny and all. But also have to remember that my blog is MY BLOG. AND MY BLOG HAS RULES!!!
List of rules:1) ALWAYS COMMENT WITH YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS OR I SHALL BAN YOU!2) Never EVER DARE to be funny/irritating/ass-hole in my blog or I SHALL KICK YOU!3) ALWAYS REMEMBER I AM THE MODERATOR, SO, IT'S MY BLOG!It's very easy to follow my rules. If anyone has a problem with it, let me know and I shall delete you from my list. Sorry about my rudeness. I am trying to avoid dumb-asses.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People always talk about me in Silkair and why I got terminated and all.
Speaking of the truth, I was being terminated. BUT I have been telling/asking the seniors that I WANT TO BE TERMINATED! My reason will be??
READ ON.....
I am sure everyone would like to know about the environment I previously had with my previous airline, Silkair. I understand that if someone from Silkair read these will and will not accept it. But hey, this is IT. Everyone should know what actually happen to me. And this is what I would like to share.
I enter the world of Silkair on October 2006. Let me tell you, I feel great cause' more money for me. I was wrong. I should have stayed in Tiger Airways, but I did not. People always thinks that all crew members are working well with each other. But I can ensure you that it is all DRAMA. Many crew can't get along well and they are too politic. I remembered clearly how my life was turn down from the 3rd solo flight.
It is a 3 sector flight and my life was just began during the briefing. I hope people understand that I was under pressure when I was in the briefing. Many questions lay upon me. Lucky for me, I know my SEP that day. One of the most fierce and well-known Crew-In-Charge was on that flight, her name haunt me for the rest of my life, Mary Josephine Fernandez better known as Mary Jo.
She is known for her over work and confident. She is fierce looking and doesn't look friendly to me. As a junior crew, I have to be scared. Many people embrace her because they want to be in her good book. As for me? I was in her black book.
It all started over recycling of newspaper. As a crew, we have to use our own mind and to think fast and well. I did that. I was one of the crew who was supposed to recycle papers. I was S3 on that day. So, I recycle as many as possible. I saw many newspaper left under the last seat so, I decided the balance to be thrown. I am sure the passengers wouldn't want the old and crumpled ones right?
As I can see that most passengers are mostly French and German. So, my mind told me that it is possible to thrown the balance. But noo.... Mary Jo says I did the wrong thing. And she scolded me in front of everyone. Interogating me on why I did that? I did what I am supposed to do. I used my brains for it. And I explained, "The paper were crumpled so I thought it was ok to throw." And there she grumbled about, "If there's not enough papers to go around during the whole flight, you will get it". I was like alright, I am dead!
That ordeal was done when I thought I was safe when the last flight was about to depart back to Singapore. Cause' the newspaper was left with a stack under the last seat. I was like PHEW! But no.. My day does not end there. Mary Jo was eyeing on me, right from the briefing room. And god knows why?
At the end of the flight, everyone was getting read to packed up and get sitted. I was counting the bar cart and I was done with it. I seal it with the green sealer that was given to me earlier. After I seal it, I thought I was done for the day. But no, I wasn't. I noticed that I sealed in on the wrong hole. I was oh shit oh shit. Mary Jo is going to bumbard on me for sure. So, slowly, I took out and guess what? The green seal broke. The flight was about to land when the I had no choice but to tie it together and looks as if I don't know anything. Oh yeah, I was wrong about it. The "senior" crew at the back questioned me and I told her, I don't know. I was scared. So, in the end, I said ok, I will tell Mary Jo.
As a CIC, you have to deal with it calmly and not like as thou, authority is all over you. This is what Mary Jo did. She made me so miserable by calling me names over the phone when I told her about the broken seal. She bumbard me with words like, "You shouldn't be called Nur'Ain" "You should be called "Miss over confident" I was dissappointed with her reaction. She is not tactful and definitely not a good leader. My day doesn't end there.
After everyone disembark, I was told to stay behind with three other crew including her. And she made me stand outside the arrival hall. And she THREATEN me. - How I wish the director of Silkair is reading this. She threaten me that "Her words are stronger against mine in the office". And she dared me to tell the office about this event, and she can bet that they won't listen to me. I merely wanted to cry and run away. But I told myself, No! REMEMBER about my dream. This is the job that I want to do.
It was upsetting after that event. The next following day, I told one of the trainers in the office about it. All she did was to take down what Mary Jo did/say to me and that's it. I never heard about it after that. The rest of the days I had was unforgettable. I couldn't forgive myself and Mary Jo of what she did. A few days later, Sheila Bhai called me to tell me to see her on my next flight. I did and guess what? She talked to me about what Mary said to her about the flight. On the VR itself, Mary said that, "I was caught staring at a crew" When I know myself, that I DID NOT. I amused me very much how could a CIC say all that which nothing got to do with work on a VR. IT'S NOT FAIR!
My ordeal with her doesn't end there. CIC Neslin on the other hand, embarrassed me in front of everyone in the briefing room saying loudly that, "I don't like to see your face actually" And she treated me as thou I am a full of shit. I was so dissappointed. It was my first ever flight with her. And I don't even know her. I was scared and my cheeks feels hot. But after that flight with her, she understands me and understands how I feel. I notice how remourseful was her after the flight towards me. Thanks Neslin.
One time, I was called up for another Mary Jo flight. I said to the crew schduler calmly, "I don't mind to take up the flight, but if you have any other flights for me I would appreciate it" Thank god for hearing my prayers. He called back saying that he took me out of the flight and given me another flight. I was phew!!! I even go all the way down from Changi Village to buy him nasi lemak and send it over to Changi Airport T2 Arrival hall to thank him. And he told me that many crew doesn't want to go to Mary Jo flights and Joanna Ophelia. Oh did I mentioned about Joanna? She is another person who doesn't know me and talks alot about me as thou she flew with me when she did not at all. Not even once! She told Neslin that I could not be talked back etc... I was oh.. gosh! CHILDISH! How old were you again??
One time, I was called up for another Neslin flight this time is for an overnight flight to Kochi - I think. I was happy to be again with Neslin as we were about to get to know with each other. But my day became darken, as Mary Jo steps inside the briefing room and started shouting at me, saying "Uh Ain, You curse me for breaking my neck?" "You don't know nothing yet about me, you don't know what I could do to you" I was shocked. "And she said, don't give me that black look on your face, people told me what you said about me."
My mind was running... I was like what?? You heard rumours and now you started screaming in front of everyone just to show that you got authority over me? I was angry of course if someone to ask me. I was furious with raged. How could She just come in here and started behaving like that? She could have asked me to inside a room and we could talk it out about it. Neslin was there, she adviced me to say sorry to her. I went in the room she was in. She throw me out. I was angry of course. I tried to slam the door behind me. I was sooo... furious with her. How could she consider herself 35 years old and behave like Silkair environment like Secondary School? I thought I came here to let me think like an adult. But look at someone who set herself like a role model to every crew. - As she claimed it to be.
If everyone going to ask me, whether I told the office about it. I would say that... Yes I did. Guess what they did? They just said that they have spoken to Mary Jo. That's it? Next moment I know, she was promoted!!! PROMOTED!! PEOPLE. Look at how Silkair deal with this? And they have the cheek to tell me that my performance does not meet any standard criteria. BULLSHIT of all I could say.
Here's how they want to terminated me. Just one incident happen on board. It was a pre-departure duties I have to do. Dawn was the CIC and she select me to assist a SNY crew. When reaching the aircraft I did what I had to do. Count meals and Orange Juice etc. I pulled a small cart cause behind the cart contains another cart with Orange Juice. I left the small cart right beside me and bend down to check on the Orange Juice on the other cart. And suddenly, the small cart fell on the SNY's toes. I didn't notice at all at first that the cart hit her toes. I asked whether she is ok, she specificly said, "She is alright". Not until, Penny - another crew - came to the front to tell Dawn that She was crying. From that moment, I knew she wasn't ok at all. In the end, she was sent to the doctor. And we go without the SNY crew.
No one on that flight blame on me. I asked Dawn for her handphone number so that I could give her a call once we touched down at Cebu. As I said, I called once we touched down. I asked her how was she toes and if she's alright. She sound alright and starting laughing with me. So, I took it as she is alright. A few days later, I was called back to the office to see Miss May-To, Miss Sharon was there. They accused me for doing it on purposed. How could do accused someone when it was an accident.
I have to mentioned that on that same flight, Eunice pushed accidentally pushed me and I hit my head on the metal bar of the galley. It hurts of course! Took me one week before I have to go to the doctor then to the hospital. I was hospitalised when Ming Li called me to tell me that I was called down to the office and to bring all my stuff. I knew it I was terminated. When I asked why, Miss Teo did agree that it was because of the accident. And says that my performance was not up to standard. I was like, how could you say that??
How could they say that when all crew performances was based on the CIC comment on the VR? It's unfair and definitely not fair for them - crew. What if the CIC doesn't like the crew? She could say anything about her; like my cased.
There's many other event happened to me during my time in Silkair. I hope Mr Chin Yau Seng read this. I hope it helpes to those who wants to know about Silkair.
There goes my story people... About fair-ness in Silkair. I would stronger advice everyone NOT to join Silkair. But if you want too... BE MY GUEST AND FACE THE FEAR!Till then
Ain